Friday, May 19, 2017

Sneaky Sam: Halfling Assassin (and LOOT!)


Just a quick update – I happened to finish up this little guy along with my Lead Adventure Forum’s Lead Painter’s League entry for Round Eight, so I thought I’d share him – because I CAN!



Sneaky Sam: Halfling Assassin – figure from Hasslefree Miniatures.


A pair of Treasure Tokens from Lead Adventure Miniatures - which I got as part of my Dwarven Gold Fever Kickstarter Rewards.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Tomorrow, as Round Seven of the Lead Painter’s League finishes up,  I should be posting the second batch of Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King miniatures. After that… Probably Round Eight’s entry – some DWARVES from the Dwarven Gold Fever Kickstarter - and the unit of Dwarven Rangers they’ll be a part of in my Dwarf Dragon Rampant warband! 

7 comments:

  1. Can you explain how you deal with the slotta figures? It does not appear that you use slotted bases. I thought the LAF figures were slotta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't a LAF figure, it's from Hasslefree (well, it's SOLD by Hasslefree, I think it was a Red Box figure).

      But you are right - it was a slotta base figure (and so are the LAF minis) and I base most of my miniatures on metal washers.

      How I deal with them depends entirely on the figure. Most have large, fat, flat feet - for those I simply carve off the slotta tab, fill in the hole in the washer with green stuff and glue the figure down with cyanoacrylate glue ("super glue").

      Sometimes I pre-fill the washers with green stuff and carve the excess off so I have a flat surface to glue them onto.

      Sometimes I glue the figures down when the greenstuff is still setting up - and if the figures aren't super stable I sometimes press the feet into the greenstuff slightly to make them more stable.

      In some cases, usually when the figure is standing on tip toes I leave a bit of the slotta tab and press that into the green stuff. If it's a particularly large and/or off-balence figure I might use quite a bit of green stuff and prop the figure up with supports until the glue and green stuff has set up.

      Hope that's helpful..?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tim. Helpful, yes. I deal with them similarity, that is there is no real great way, and you have to make them work.

      Delete
    3. Cheers!

      I have to admit I am not a fan of slotta-tab figures and I can't stand those plastic bases!

      Delete
  2. He looks great, super sneaky and the loot is always useful.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete