Wednesday, August 27, 2014

More Romans

(and a Great War Highlander!)

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


The whole batch for the last couple of days…


Five legionaries from  Black Tree Design


Two more Legionairies – these are from Wargames Foundry, but didn’t come with scutum or pillum so I got some extras from Black Tree Design when I was ordering the last batch from them.


Dwarf Legionaries!? (also from Black Tree Design)


Dead Legionaries from Warlord Games


An old, old Roman Auxiliary cavalryman from Citadel Miniatures.

…and now for something completely different


I noticed, yesterday, that Lead Adventure Forum had a Great War Painting Club thing going on right now… and I’M a Great War Fanatic… and I’ve got no shortage of Great War figures to finish up… so I thought I’d get in on the action and dug this fellow out of the drawer last night and painted him up and started a couple more I’ll post over the next few days. (The figure is from Great War Miniatures)

Entries to the club are supposed to be single figures. I’m not really used to painting SINGLE Great War Figures… I tend to do them in unit batches of 15-30!? So this was a fun and interesting experience… Perhaps I’ll do an MG team or a gun crew for later in the week – as it counts as a single based “figure”.



Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Probably a few Great War things this week… them back to ancient things… maybe another game or two… 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, and excellent work on the hand-painted shield designs! Ha, at first I thought the dwarf legionaries were regular guys kneeling down. Great job on the Highlander, too (I admire your little details like the checked part of his cap).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you F-B. Without the dicing on the Glenn it would be a rather unremarkable figure - all khakis and browns - even his kilt is covered with a kilt apron...

      Delete
  2. These Romans are splendid (I thought too that the 'dwarves' were on their knees!)...excellent paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks FMB! Well that's what they were for - laughs... I can't think of any serious practical use for them in any upcoming games!?

      Delete