Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Five Halflings and a Paladin



That sounds like the beginning of a potentially crude joke "Five Halflings and a Paladin walk into a bar..."

In our A Song of Blades and Heroes Campaign I recruited a Blessed Paladin in my explorations, so I thought I’d best finish up an appropriate figure…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


I think this is an old Citadel miniature – came in a pack with two other female warriors I think they were supposed to be the same character in three different stages of their career…? I thought she was suitably well-armoured to pass as a paladin. I'm not totally excited about the shield... I couldn't think of anything better and just didn't want to go with the standard variations of a cross. 



I love these old adventurer type figures that always have odd things tucked into their belts and stuff... this one has a corssbow and a small quiver of bolts...? 


A bunch of Halflings I picked up off ebay a few years back. I’d originally bough them to use on a Hordes of the Things Spear element… but more recently I thought it would be fun to have a Halfling warband for Song of Blades and Heroes and why buy new stuff if I have stuff sitting here? If ever I get back to playing Hordes of the Things… and want to build a Halfling army… I’ll just have to track down some more spear. I have no idea who manufactured these.



The backs of the halflings - showing off their capes - dirty at the bottom for being dragged in the dirt. 

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Round four of our Campaign... and maybe some more painting - Amanda's off to Denver for most of the week and I just picked up the Audiobook of A Clash of Kings (the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George Martin) - unabridged... 30 discs... 37 hours... yup... there's going to be some late night painting going on this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment