Friday, November 22, 2013

Two T-72


I had thought of calling this post Tea for Two T-72… but that would just be Silly!

I picked up three 1/48 scale T-72 tanks in two separate orders. Unfortunately In one order I ordered Tanks of a different make thinking them to be the same…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


The tank on the left is from Academy, the tank on the right is from Kitech. They are both supposed to be 1/48 T-72 tanks… I have another of the Academy tanks to build. Generally I’m not super picky, but these are quite different enough that it does kind of annoy me.


The Academy T-72. Usually I'm okay with sacrificing a little detail for easy assembly... but this it a little much. It's more toy than model. 


The Kitech T-72. The little things that I think are smoke grenade dischargers were all individual and a bit of a pain in the butt to put on... but overall I like the look of this one better. The Vehicle commander is from Mongrel Miniatures. 


Here they are with the diecast BTR-60s and a few of my Cold War Soviets infantry. 

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Generic Central/South Americans - just finishing up the bases on a platoon of them! 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, not really... But it was cheap!

      The other one's not so bad and when am I ever going to need more than one in a 28mm tabletop skirmish though? (Guess I should have thought of that before I bought it... Curse you ebay!)

      Delete
  2. Very nicely painted but you're right about the Academy model...

    ReplyDelete