Friday, November 29, 2013

Ronin, Samurai, Ashigaru


Over the last week I’ve been trying to organize some of my Samurai/L5R figures and get painting up some more to use with Ronin – Skirmish Wargames in the Age of the Samurai. I’ll probably be painting a lot of them over the next few months as I am fairly certain I’ll be running a Ronin campaign/tournament for the 10th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash/Winter Wargaming Weekend in February.

First up, we have a bit of a mish-mash of stuff:

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):

Front Left to right: A female Lion clan Samurai that was made by AEG/WOTC for Clan War (some of the Clan War minis have been re-released by Valiant Minatures, but I’m not sure if this one is), A ronin from Reaper Miniatures, A monk from Perry Miniatures, an Ashigaru from Old Glory, and another Samurai (this time a Crane Clan archer) from AEG/WOTC.

I have to say Japanese corded armour is a pain in the ass to paint. But it does look cool when you’re done. Here’s a few closer-ups:


Crane Clan Archer


Back of the Crane Clan Archer


Lioness Sanurai and Ronin (which I've painted as a Crane Clan student of the Kakita Academy) 


Monk and Ashigaru.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

These models IN ACTION! (hopefully) 

4 comments:

  1. Very cool figs, Tim! I have some OG and Perry, but I always thought the Clan War guys were very cool too - need to get some someday. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, I especially like the female samurai on the far left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Tim ;-) love the paint work and dynamic poses - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work, the archer is my favourite...love the blue color and the arrows!

    ReplyDelete