Saturday, March 9, 2013

More Cold War Commies


More assorted Cold War era Soviets rolling off the workbench this week (all of them are  from Mongrel Miniatures)…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


VDV – Soviet Air Assault Troops.


Adding the ones I already had, makes about a platoon.

The pics above are a bit grainy as I forgot the camera was left on a high ISO setting (I was taking pics of the kids dancing at a pre-St. Patricks day céilí last night, and it was a bit dark in the hall…).

Now I just need some BMDs for them… HLBS apparently makes BMD1 and BMD2 and a BTR-D in 1/48 and Sloppy Jalopy had a BMD1 in 1/56…


Soviet Engineers for clearing roads.


Some Soviet AFV crew. One I painted with Blue shoulder boards of the VDV – so he could be a BMD crewman…


A few more Soviet infantry. These are ostensibly Motor Rifles in cold weather gear, but could just as easily be VDV in cold weather gear without the camouflage overalls.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have no idea…

I have two Soviet helicopter pilots I could finish up… and a couple of T-72s… and that would be it for all the Cold War Commies… (I do have a few more Modern Russians – but they are later cold war or post-Soviet CIS…)

I have a lot of Zombies and 70s British cops and thugs on the workbench… along with WW2 Soviets and Germans and Japanese and Chindits and American Paras, and… and… I think it’s time I cleared off the workbench and sorted out what I really want to work on next…

Maybe I’ll have a game report to post from this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment