Tuesday, December 6, 2011

1st Battalion, 1st Regiment of Foot (Royal Scots)


First stand of Royal Scots for the War of 1812. These chaps were in Quebec in 1812 and later saw action at Sackett's Harbor, the capture of Fort Niagara, Longwoods, Chippawa, Lundy's Lane, Fort Erie and Cook's Mills. I have the rest of the battalion primed and ready, but I think I’m going to hold off on them until the 20th (so they can be counted for the 2nd Annual Analogue Hobbies Winter Painting Challenge). In the meantime I have a couple fantasy-ish things to finish up because after the 20th it’s going to be all historical all the time (well… MOST of the time) until spring!

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are from Renegade Miniatures. I picked them up last year during the 5 for 4 sale (which is on again now…). I have Two other regiments worth which I think I’ll do as the 8th and 89th Regiments of Foot.

I’m working on modeling some of my own figures for the War or 1812 – including some British in stovepipe shakos. The newer shako (that the above figures are wearing), as far as I can tell, hand just come into use in 1812 – so I’m not so sure the 41st or the 49th would have had them by the time of the Battle of Queenston Heights in October of that year (despite a very popular painting of the mortally wounded sir Issac urging his troops – wearing the new style shako- on..)


Injured Royal Scot. The figure is from Front Rank Figures

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Some Elves and probably some blathering about my plans for 2012 – and the next six years or so... (I’ve been doing some lllllllloooooooonnnnnnnngggggg range planning – which at times seems pointless considering my attention span… or lack thereof…).

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work Tim. Love the British, but then again who doesn't!

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't but then I have a Napoleon complex ;-) Great work as always Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    My friend John doesn't like the British either. But he's American and I think he's still cranky about the British burning Washington in 1814...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great figures. Looking forward to seeing more. I'm quite keen on the British myself (probably because I am one!)

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete