Saturday, December 18, 2010

Turks, Pulp Characters, and Erwin Rommel


A few odds and ends rolling off the painting table. Not all World War Two, per se, but at least within the same half of the century…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


This Rommel figure is from Artizan Designs.


Some Turks from Copplestone Castings.


Some Pulp Adventure characters – I think they’re all from Artizan Designs as well.


Here we have “Professor Algebra” – with his stalwart companions “Captain Halibut, Timtim, and Snowball). “Professor Algebra” is from West Wind Productions. I have to admit I go the idea of using this figure from Matakishi’s Tea House. I found a figure that would be even better… but it’s already painted and would need to be stripped… and require a bit of converting… But for now this chap will do…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Probably a few more Pulp Adventure characters and maybe some partisans. Possibly some Turks… and some WW2 stuff – hopefully get the T-34s finished this week and get on with… well… some other WW2 stuff…

It’s also that time of year when I start to look back at what I’ve done over the past year and start to think about plans for the next year. I know I am far more productive when I have a plan – and especially when there is some specific goal worked into that plan – a game weekend or other big event of some sort. Bob has already posted his plans, and I’ll probably be posting something similar in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Rommel is nicely done. I read an interesting set of novels a couple of years ago about him (fiction, obviously) called Rommel on the Front and Rommel on the Rhine. The premise (I think) was that Rommel changes sides and helps Patton roll west to beat the Russians to Berlin. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work as always! I especially like the pulp characters and Prof. Algebra and friends.

    ReplyDelete